- Do I need a boat to join the club?
No, the club has boats which can be used by members. Boats are allocated on a first come first served basis, bookable in advance.
- How do I join the club?
Information on joining can be found at Application Form to join Killaloe Sailing Club
- If I have never sailed before?
We run Taster Sessions. You can book a Taster at Try Sailing (killaloesailingclub.com)
- I’ve been on a Taster and wish to continue, what comes next?
Information on your various options Application Form to join Killaloe Sailing Club.
- What is the minimum age for a Junior?
We generally say 8 years, but if the parents are actively involved in sailing it can of course be younger. Please note there is no single Junior member category.
- Where is Killaloe Sailing Club?
It is approximately 5kms from Killaloe in the direction of Scarriff. Location here
- Is the club open all year round?
The club is open from April to October.
- What are the opening times?
Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6.00pm and Sunday mornings from 10.00am. Safety cover is provided at these times.
- Can I sail outside of these times?
Yes you can but you are encouraged to buddy-up and heed all safety advice.
- Do I need my own wetsuits?
No, the club can provide wetsuits, but you are encouraged to have your own wetsuit should you wish to join the club and take up sailing.
- What if I am not interested in racing?
We have a cruising group who go on day or weekend cruises on the lake or on the sea. Leisure sailing is also facilitated on Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings.
- When do you race?
We race regularly on Tuesday evenings.
- What if I have a boat, but no crew?
We can help you find crew from within the membership.
- Do you run training courses?
Yes, we run both Adult and Junior 8 week training courses; week-long camps for Juniors; and weekend camps for Adults. Training Page
- Am I expected to undertake any duties at the club?
All club members are expected to undertake certain mandatory duties such as Base Officer, Safety Officer, Safety Boat Driver/Assistant, Race Officer. The duty will depend upon the individual’s skills before being called to undertake Safety Boat or Race Officer Duties. Appropriate Training is provided where necessary.
- Can I bring my kayak or canoe?
As a member, yes you can. Standard boat parking fees apply.