I have good news and bad news – good news is we plan to open the club for boat rigging and sailing on Sunday 31st May at 10am. The bad news is, you have a bit of reading to do …..
As you know, the Government put in place a 5 phase process for ‘opening up business and society’; we are still in phase 1 so special arrangements will apply at the club:
- only those who live within the permitted 5k travel limit can come to the club
- social distancing measures mean that anyone sailing must either be single handed or for double handed dinghies, the helm & crew must be from the same household unit
- social distancing, hand sanitising, equipment cleaning and other special measures will be in force at the club
- we need to keep a good record of who is at the club and when (for contact tracing purposes). We will circulate a ‘google form’ which will be a simple way for you to tell us when you’re coming to the club, in what capacity and whether you need club equipment
Attached you will find:
- our new 2020 calendar which shows the 5 phases outlined in the Governments documentation and what we hope to offer in each one
- a summary of the arrangements at the club for each of the phases
- a note of the special instructions for members for the return to sailing
You’ll see that during June we plan to hold a racing series on Tuesday evenings and junior/general sailing on Sunday mornings with a return to a more normal calendar in July. The pandemic means we are all in new territory but we hope the measures we have put in place will be effective and are proportionate. We all need to take personal responsibility for our own health and wellbeing, follow the Governments guidelines and comply with the measures the club has put in place. Parents must make sure that their children follow the Clubs guidelines, particularly the social distancing arrangements
It has taken a considerable amount of work to get to this point so my thanks to the hard working KSC Committee and particularly Cillian who has done a great job with all the club preparations. Thanks also to members who have helped with de-winterising the club over the last 10 days or so – the club is looking very well!
Any questions or suggestions, do please contact me
Many thanks and kind regards – and for those who are able, see you Sunday!